The Duneland Family YMCA believes in providing program nd membership services to all who desire to participate. The scholarship program, support largely our Annual Campaign, uses all available resources to provide support to those have financial assistance and qualify for assistance.
The Duneland Family YMCA is a non-profit organization committed to helping all members of our community through our mission: To put Christian Principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We believe that everyone in our Duneland Community deserves access to the services and benefits of a YMCA membership, regardless of race, gender or income. We encourage all who are in need of assistance to apply.
Applying is Easy and Confidential
The Duneland Family YMCA requires that individuals provide information regarding income, family size, and necessary expenses so that it can provide financial assistance in a fair and consistent manner. All records are kept confidential
- Download and Complete the Scholarship or stop by the Duneland YMCA to pick up the Application Form (all that apply)
- Submit the following documents with the application
- A Recent IRS Tax Form for each household adult over 18 who is currently employed
- 3 most recent Paystubs for each household member of 18 who is currently employed
- Unemployment Statements for each household member over 18 who is currently receiving benefits
- SSI or Disability Statements for each household member over 18 who is currently receiving benefits
- How much can you afford?
- Bring the Application to the Duneland Family YMCA
How it Works
Once you’ve submitted your application and supporting documentation, it is reviewed. This process typically takes 3-5 business days.
Upon approval of a scholarship, you will be contacted by our membership team.
Individuals and families who would like to take part in Y programs but cannot afford to pay full program fees are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- Applicants must work or reside within the YMCA branch service area.
- Applicant must submit supporting documentation to verify household size and income.
- The objective criteria for qualifying applicants are set forth within the Financial Assistance Policy (available by request).
It’s easy to apply for financial assistance. Download and complete a scholarship application, include the amount of assistance you are requesting, attach the required documentation and return it to the Y. We will contact you within one week to review your application.
If approved for a scholarship, you will be asked to renew every year by filling out the application and turning in documentation each time. If you have any questions, please email Carla Patino, Membership Director.
Yes! At the Y, young people and adults are encouraged to volunteer. Talk to Y staff to see what volunteer opportunities are available. Also, Y donors appreciate hearing how their gifts are used. You are encouraged to submit a short note about how you or your family benefited from financial assistance.
Financial assistance is made possible through generous contributions to the Y’s Annual Giving Campaign.