ACTIVE & RETIRED MILITARY
We're here for our nation’s service men and women and their families.
As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
The Duneland Family YMCA is proud to offer free Y memberships for service men and women and their families.
Eligible families and personnel include:
- Family members of the deployed National Guard and Reservists;
- Active duty families who live in one of the selected joint bases created by the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) process;
- Active duty independent duty personnel and their families as approved by their military service headquarters;
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed active duty personnel.
Please Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is deployed for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
For this subsidy, proof of service is required, and therefore military memberships can not be completed online. Please stop by or contact the Duneland Family YMCA for more information and so that we may assist you with this membership category
The Y is proud to offer memberships to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Stop by the Duneland Y to sign up for a military membership.
If you would like to learn more about our Military Membership and how the Y can benefit you, please email Carla Patino, Membership Director.
Thank you for your service to our country!