MEMBERS OF THE MONTH
GILBERT & MARTHA SANCHEZ
The Duneland Family YMCA’s Member of the Month is designed to help you get to know the members that help make our Y community great. This month, we’re introducing Gilbert & Martha Sanchez, who have continually been a loyal Y members. Let’s get to know them!
- Tell us a little bit about yourself: what are some fun facts about you?
- We both love exercising early. Gilbert is retired from AT&T and Martha is a Bank Manager at Woodforest Bank in Portage. We attend St. Patrick’s Community Church in Chesterton, and we have 9 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild.
- What types of fitness/ training/ exercise do you enjoy the most?
- We like weightlifting- we enjoy the weight room and machine area.
- What fitness classes do you participate in?
- We are looking at several different classes, but we haven’t decided which ones to try as of yet. There are so many to choose from.
- What is your favorite part of the Duneland Family YMCA?
- Both the staff and the fitness crowd here are all friendly! 🙂
- Why is the Duneland Family YMCA your preferred gym in Chesterton, IN?
- We live in Chesterton- it’s close to us and very accommodating, and they provide many services.