EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
The Duneland Family YMCA’s Employee of the Month is designed to help you get to know the trainers that help make our Y community great. This month, we’re celebrating Lucia Dolk! Let’s get to know her:
- What is your name and current title?
- Lucia, Membership Services
- How long have you worked at the Y?
- 6 years in July
- Have you worked in any other positions/departments with the Y?
- Occasionally I also work The Fun Zone
- Was your first experience with the Y as a staff member, or had you been introduced to the Y before becoming an employee?
- Doing Aqua Aerobics then Holly Albert, the Y Director at the time, got me into working out with the weight machines and treadmills.
- What’s your favorite aspect of being a Y staff member?
- Meeting the members and getting to know them individually.
- What’s one program/class every Y member should try?
- Pound or Turbo kick; I just love Katie.
- What would you say to anyone wanting to join the Y as a member or employee?
- Taking a class, you become like a family.
- Wild Card: Is there anything else you’d like to share?
- Members here, whether in a class or working by themselves, are always willing to help.