We Are Here For You
Dedicated to Serving You
Beginning September 26th we will move into the next stage of reopening, Stage 5, in accordance with the State of Indiana. There will be some changes at the Duneland Family YMCA which are outlined below.
Duneland Family YMCA
- Monday-Friday | 5 am - 9pm
- Saturday | 7am - 3 pm
- Sunday | 10 am - 2 pm
- Monday-Friday | 4 pm - 8pm
- Saturday | 8 am - 11 am
Governor Holcomb announced that the State of Indiana will move to Level 5 of its Back on Track re-opening plan. Level 5 will begin on Saturday, September 26, but the mask mandate and social distancing will remain in effect until the middle of October. What does this mean for the Duneland Y?
Beginning on Monday, September 28:
- Reservations are only required for Body Pump, Spin, and Barre Group Fitness Classes.
- There will no longer be capacity restrictions in the weight room, Lu DeWulf training room, and cardio center.
- Seniors programs and services will re-open. Senior exercise classes will continue to meet in the gymnasium. All senior classes will have a maximum of 20 participants to facilitate social distancing.
- Everyone who enters the facility will still have their temperature taken at the front desk.
- Everyone in the building will continue to be required to wear a facemask in the hallways and between workouts.
- We will continue to facilitate and encourage social distancing, masks, and hand washing.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will continue to be encouraged.
- Continue Increased cleaning procedures including regular misting of locker rooms, all fitness rooms, and equipment areas with EPA registered broad-spectrum disinfectant.
Area Specific Procedures
- The FunZone is open to children ages 6 weeks to 9 years.
- The gym will return to normal operating procedures.
- The racquetball court is open by reservation only. Please call the Y to reserve a time.
- All equipment will be deep cleaned and disinfected by the YMCA staff and cleaned throughout the day.
- Social distancing will continue in workout areas.
- Members will be able to use washcloths and disinfectant spray to clean equipment before and after use. Spray bottles with sanitation can be found in every exercise area.
LOCKERS AND LOCKER ROOMS
- Locker Rooms will remain open all day.
- Socially distanced Group Fitness Classes will continue to be offered.
- Our Group Exercise Schedule can be found here.
- In-person personal training will take place at the Duneland Y and follow social distancing.
- Personal trainers will be required to wear masks and practice social distancing. Exercises will be demonstrated by the trainer and verbal cues/corrections will be given in place of physical form correction.
Do I have to wear a mask when I visit the Y?
Yes, everyone in the building will continue to be required to wear a facemask in the hallways and between workouts.
Everyone who enters the facility will still have their temperature taken at the front desk. We will continue to facilitate and encourage social distancing, masks, and hand washing.
Are water fountains open?
At this time, water fountains are not available for your health and safety. Please bring a water bottle with you when you visit the Y!
Do I need to reserve my spot in group exercise classes?
Reservations are only required for Body Pump, Spin, and Barre. All other classes do not need a reservation. Reservations open 24 hours prior to class start time. Call the Y during business hours at 219.962.4204 to reserve your spot.