We Are Here For You
Dedicated to Serving You
Welcoming you back Safely
We are focused on the safety and well-being of all who visit our YMCA. With limited class sizes, social distancing and enhanced safety protocols, you can feel safe joining us at the Y!
Learn more about our commitment to keeping our community safe.
On 12/4/2020, the Porter County Health Department released further restrictions - in addition to state level requirements. In accordance with the State of Indiana and the Porter County Health Department, the following restrictions are for the Duneland Family YMCA are outlined below.
Duneland Family YMCA
- Monday-Friday | 5 am - 9pm
- Saturday | 7am - 3 pm
- Sunday | 10 am - 2 pm
- Monday-Friday | 4 pm - 8pm
- Saturday | 8 am - 11 am
- Face masks are required at ALL TIMES unless
- Actively engaged in exercise
- eating or drinking
- Reservations are required for Body Pump, Spin, and Barre, Turbo Kick, Bootcamp, Gentle Stretch Yoga, and Core Group Fitness Classes.
- Please Call the Y at at (219)926-4204 to reserve your spot
- Group Exercise classes that do not require reservations are limited to 25 people on a first come, first serve basis.
- Seniors programs and services will re-open. Senior exercise classes will continue to meet in the gymnasium. All senior classes will have a maximum of 20 participants to facilitate social distancing.
- Everyone who enters the facility will still have their temperature taken at the front desk.
- We will continue to facilitate and encourage social distancing, masks, and hand washing.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet will continue to be encouraged.
- Continue Increased cleaning procedures including regular misting of locker rooms, all fitness rooms, and equipment areas with EPA registered broad-spectrum disinfectant.
Area Specific Procedures
- The FunZone is currently closed until December. In December we will reevaluate the status of the FunZone.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the gym except when engaging in activity.
- Physical distancing will be enforced.
- The racquetball court is open by reservation only. Please call the Y to reserve a time.
- All equipment will be deep cleaned and disinfected by the YMCA staff and cleaned throughout the day.
- Members will be able to use towels and disinfectant spray to clean equipment before and after use. Spray bottles with sanitation can be found in every exercise area.
- A mask must be worn during extended periods of rest.
Social distancing must be adhered to at all times, keeping a distance of 6ft between yourself and others.
LOCKERS AND LOCKER ROOMS
- Locker Rooms will remain open all day.
- Physical distancing in all locker room spaces
- Socially distanced Group Fitness Classes will continue to be offered.
- Our Group Exercise Schedule can be found here.
- Reservations are required for Barre, Body Pump, Turbo Kick, Bootcamp, Gentle Stretch, and Core Blast
- Group Exercise classes will be limited 50% capacity
- Masks must be worn when entering the class and as soon as class is over
- In-person personal training will take place at the Duneland Y and follow social distancing.
- Personal trainers will be required to wear masks and practice social distancing. Exercises will be demonstrated by the trainer and verbal cues/corrections will be given in place of physical form correction.
Do I have to wear a mask when I visit the Y?
Yes, everyone in the building will continue to be required to wear a facemask in the hallways and between workouts.
Everyone who enters the facility will still have their temperature taken at the front desk. We will continue to facilitate and encourage social distancing, masks, and hand washing.
Are water fountains open?
At this time, water fountains are not available for your health and safety. Please bring a water bottle with you when you visit the Y!
Do I need to reserve my spot in group exercise classes?
Reservations are only required for Body Pump, all Spin classes, and Barre, and all group exercise classes held in the fitness room due for social distancing and the health and safety of our members and staff. All other classes do not need a reservation. Reservations open 24 hours prior to class start time. Call the Y during business hours at 219.962.4204 to reserve your spot.