Facts & Figures
- The Y is a leading nonprofit organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- The Y is a powerful association of men, women, and children committed to bringing about lasting personal and social change. With a focus on nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support neighbors, the Y enables youth, adults, families and communities to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
- Members, staff and volunteers of the Y include men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life.
- The Y offers programs, services and initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, according to the unique needs of the communities it engages.
- The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership.
- The Y is guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility.
- The Duneland Family YMCA provides programs and services for the residents of all five of the Duneland Communities (Chesterton, Porter, Burns Harbor, Dune Acres and Beverly Shores).
- To meet the needs of these growing communities, the Duneland YMCA currently uses 10 program sites to serve the mission of our organization.
- Together with our volunteers, members and staff, the Duneland YMCA impacts the lives on nearly 10,000 people a year.
- 138 volunteers, without whom little of what the Y does is possible, donated thousands of hours of their time to help the Duneland Communities be more healthy and connected.
- Annually, the Duneland Family YMCA provides in excess of $100,000 in financial assistance for their neighbors who are in need of subsidy